Well, here it is: yet another pathway for keeping in contact. Basically, it's just another blog. Except this one is by Maddie Kenney.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Quest University of Canada

I just had one of those moments...So cliche and typical, but it really happened-- my Dad dropped me off at college (in Canada, no less) , and we said goodbye after moving boxes of stuff into my room...And to top it all off, I turned on my radio, and Changes by David Bowie was playing. Really??

Anyways, now I can say I live in Squamish, British Columbia, Canada, and yes, they really do say 'toque' here. 

The campus is incredible--really beautiful buildings over a great view (pictures later, as always) with a whole staff of extremely excited people.

Yesterday was an overflow of friendly greetings and ice-breaker games, which actually worked (!), and a lot of "ohmygosh i'mgoingtocollege" feelings, but I am meeting my fellow classmates of 2014 quicker than expected. Speaking of which, our class is so divers-- coming from a total of 16 different countries, including Lebanon, Portugal, Sweden, Norway, and Germany, to name a few. 

Today, we had our "convocation ceremony", welcoming the new class into the school. I won't describe the speeches and graduation-like processions, but I will say-- there were bagpipes.

We're still going through the phase of getting comfortable at the school, in the dorms, and with eachother, so I have to sign off for now to get ready for bowling in Vancouver...

Also, sending a big fat Maddie-hug to everybody in Redmond and other places around the globe (ahem, Frank, Luisa, Carina...the gang), I'm missing you all a lot. 

Contact info: 

email: mck_cookie@msn.com OR madeline.kenney@questu.ca
mail: Not really sure how exactly mail works here, but I'll ask around. For now: 

Madeline Kenney
3200 University Boulevard
Squamish, BC
Canada V8B 0N8

North Village, room 203